Pride Month may be kicking off now, but Provincetown is keeping it queer all summer long. Thanks to HBO, it’s the place to be this summer. In addition to the usual must-attend queer events like Bear Week and Girl Splash, the cable network is providing seven weeks of queer programming.
HBO’s The Studio is an immersive, creative experience that celebrates the LGBTQ+ community. The installation will serve as a cultural hub for art, entertainment, and creativity. Partnering with such queer media brands as Out, The Tenth, Hello Mr., and INTO, programming includes workshops, classes, screenings, parties, art exhibits, and other fun activities (DIY costume and makeup bar, anyone?) Stars from some of our HBO favorites like Insecure, Westworld, and High Maintenance will also be in attendance.
“We are thrilled to be creating space with partners we’ve admired and whose past partnerships have contributed greatly to our brand,” said Jackie Gagne, Vice President, Multicultural Marketing at HBO. “Storytelling is at the heart of HBO, and we are proud of our long legacy of LGBTQ narratives and inclusion. We couldn’t be more excited to explore the modern context of the art form with some of the most prominent and progressive voices in the community today.”
The Studio will celebrate Provincetown’s queer history and rich diversity. Local drag queens will host weekly trivia happy hours, as well as story time sessions during Family Week.
The events kick off July 2, running through August 19. See a tentative schedule of events below and find more info here.
July 2-8 (Independence Week):
• Tegan and Sara “Love Loud East” experience
• “Believer” screening
• OUT hosts live podcast recordings
July 9-15 (Bear Week):
• TBD ‘High Maintenance’ Talent
• “High Maintenance” screening
• GAYLETTER hosts bong making classes and a bear hug booth
July 16-22 (Girl Splash):
• TBD ‘Westworld’ Talent
• “Westworld” screening
• THE ADVOCATE hosts [TBD], Women of HBO trivia contest
• Ben Cory Jones (Insecure writer) + TBD ‘Insecure’ Talent
• “Insecure” screening
• THE TENTH hosts ‘Cali to Cod’ Party
July 30-August 5 (Family Week):
• Sesame Street Costume Characters
• “Sesame Street” screening
• THEM hosts Meet the Sesame Street Costume Characters
• TBD ‘Sharp Objects’ Talent
• “Sharp Objects” screening
• INTO hosts live podcast recordings of ‘Food 4 Thot’
Aug. 13-19 (Carnival Week):
• TBD ‘Big Little Lies’ Talent
PROSPECTIVE WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
***Please Note: Scheduled programming and talent is subject to change.***
• “Big Little Lies” screening
• HELLO MR. hosts [TBD]